What is the purpose of your life?
Can you state clearly and concisely what your life is all about? I wrote my first life mission statement about twelve years ago, but significantly revised it today.
MY LIFE MISSION
- The purpose of my life is to love my family, friends, students, clients, parishioners, and readers, by educating, inspiring, and guiding them.
- The primary roles of my life are husband/father, leader, teacher, counselor, and writer.
- My life’s objective is to invest in others so that they soar higher than they otherwise could. I will devote myself to building strong individuals, strong marriages, strong churches, and strong leaders.
- My four joys are quietness, coffee, music, and books. I will continually seek these out for renewal and rest.
- I will value myself, prioritizing my spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical health first, so that I have something to give others.
- I will be known as a person who grants grace to all and leaves the life of every person I meet better than when I found it. I will be a servant to all. This is how people will see God in my life.
- My legacy will be integrity, wisdom, gentleness, faithfulness, and love.
What would you say is the mission of your life? Have you written a life mission statement and if not, could you find something like this helpful? Why or why not?