Education and Background
I graduated from Oakland University with my M.A. in Counseling in 1997. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Michigan, and a National Certified Counselor. I specialize in couple counseling, including premarital. I also work with depression, anxiety, and other emotional issues, meaning of life issues, and spiritual issues (including counseling in spiritual formation).
I teach graduate counseling students at Spring Arbor University, set up their internships, and supervise those experiences.
I have also received the state of Michigan’s mandatory 30 hours of training in order to supervise post-graduate students during their required 3,000 hours of client contact before they can apply for full licensure.
Due to conflict of interest I do not:
a. Do long-term counseling with people from my church. I refer them elsewhere for counseling
b. Accept money from people in my church for whatever time I spend in counseling work with them
If you do not attend my church and think you might be interested in my services, here is how I run my practice:
- $60 per session, due before each session begins. You must be able to pay in the office, as I will not bill for sessions. I accept credit cards, but not checks. Initial consultations are charged at the same rate as all other sessions.
- I do not work with insurance companies
- I do not work with children under 16 (unless they are part of a whole family I am seeing together)
- I reserve the right to take or refuse cases as I determine. If I refuse your case, I will provide you with a list of qualified counselors in whom I have confidence. I do not receive “kickbacks” from any of my referrals and have no incentive to send you anywhere but to the people I believe can best help you.
- I use my church office for my private counseling work and am thereby accountable to the Leadership Team of Wildwind Community Church. They have the right at any time to prohibit me from using the space, or to impose guidelines and/or constraints upon my work outside of the church.
Schedule an appointment right now
If after reading the above you are interested in coming to see me, you can book your first appointment here.
My available hours for seeing clients are:
Monday — 3-8
Tuesday/Wednesday — 8-1
Saturday — 8-noon
If none of these times work for you, I may be able to work with you to set up another time.
Download my referral list
If it appears, for any reason, that I’m not the therapist for you, please feel free to download my referral list. This is a list of other therapists I trust, along with a few other places you might seek counseling if you are struggling financially. I update this list regularly.